Events in Progress
Information for the June conference.
Location and Time:
The conference will take place from 5th – 6th June, 2020 In the city of New Delhi, India. Opening Grand Ceremony cum Welcome Cultural Night will be held on 4th June, 2020.
A Community of Purpose-driven young aspiring innovative youth, leaders and entrepreneurs nationally and beyond will gather on June 5th & 6th, 2020 in New Delhi, India to discuss, share ideas and learn about the 4th Industrial revolution, the disruptive technologies and the future of work to adopt methods of accountability that reflect the unique challenges and opportunities the 4th Industrial revolution comes with and set a path toward driving the youth on how they can take advantage of the 4IR and the technologies driving it for which they can use to solve issues and create / develop new projects and enrich their lives and also as a way of contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The Conference will also create an inclusive platform for youth that enables them to review the development of the 1st to 3rd Industrial revolution, share ideas, experiences and innovative approaches for effectively contributing to their society, the threats of the emerging technologies the framework and its implementation.
The relevance of ensuring that the young men and women actively participates within the confines of the 4IR is critical for local and global development and sustainability. This conference will create a national space for young people to learn and discuss issues relevant to disruptive technologies and the 4IR through a platform that will attract greater access to domesticate the advantages the 4IR brings.
It is expected that the conference will mobilize actions-focused youth and right holder’s community tackling local challenges to engage duty bearers, share their voices and provide practical strategies on building economic growth and to address a range of social needs including education, health, social protection, and job opportunities. Additionally, it is anticipated that the conference will derive an action plan that will advocate for the involvement of youths in taking advantage of the 4th
The #BYF4IR Conference is expected to attract about 5000 young people both from abroad and national, representing youth organizations and national governments, universities and colleges, international development and UN agencies, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), the private sector and SDGs actors to share experts exchange on innovative financing for sustainable development, mobilizing national resources and successful involvement of the youth and private sector in the national planning process towards the transition the 4IR brings along and the good practices in tackling National Challenges that link to the achievement of the SDGs and African Union Agenda 2063.
The aim of the Conference is to help gear the youth towards the future they are meant to live by imparting knowledge of the 4th industrial revolution and the technologies driving it. We believe the only way to get the youth to live in the future is to help them acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to thrive through the future. We hope to share practical, evidence-based solutions that can support the impact of the 4th Industrial revolution in our lives. The conference will provide a unique opportunity to bring together stakeholders from government, academia, the United Nations, international agencies, NGOs, IGOs and grassroots organizers to share practical solutions towards the disruptions and threats the 4IR poses and how to build a generation of youth who are conversant with technology and use it to create employment, empower communities and generate wealth in an era of disruptive technology..
This will be the first Conference organized by Block Youth Foundation (BYF), an innovative youth-driven growth, a non-profit organization that advocates, mentors, inspires, strengthens and prepares the youth for a more profound future. The organization works to ensure that vulnerable people have the capabilities, resources and information they need to exercise greater choices and control over their own development; and make evidence-based decisions. We aim to provide the youth with opportunities for education, exposure, training and networking on the fourth industrial revolution and provide them with tools to thrive in an era of disruptive technology in order to prepare them for the future and transform them into assets for their countries.
The proposed Block Youth Foundation conference is working with is LBRY Foundation, Ghana National Youth Authority and other international and local organization to discuss ways of adopting new technologies and taking advantage of it in order not to be disrupted with the threat the 4IR poses so that Young people will be the drivers of their future with the advantages the 4IR also brings.
As a whole the conference will be a meeting point for the representatives of youth-led networks, governments and civil society organizations designed to identify priorities of action for youth to be dealt with on the international development agenda beyond the SDGs. This forum will strengthen cooperation links between countries and stakeholders involved with youth policies. This conference will bring together Indian, African and other international youths to address and call for action on the following objectives:
- A global network of young people across the world coming together and empowered to share experiences and exchange ideas on how we can collaborate to achieve the goal of the youth leading the future (improve cultural diversity).
- To create an inclusive youth participation platform that enables young people to review the impact on emerging technologies such as AI, Blockchain, Drones, Robotics, etc.
- To share ideas, experiences and innovative approaches for effective preparations needed today to ensure the smooth transition of the youth into future creative and responsible leaders the impact of the 4th Industrial Revolution on the future of work.
- To facilitate effective partnerships with youth, youth-led organizations and youth movements to further strengthen inclusive youth participation in the decision-making processes and implementation of the sustainable development agenda.
- To contribute to the establishment of a permanent youth engagement mechanism that ensures consistent follow- up with young people and further boosts their participation and partnership.
- Explore the disruptive technologies.
- Facilitate effective approach on what the youth can do now to prepare for it era of disruptive technologies.
International Youth Project designed at the conference to be implemented in different countries.
- Get the youth to understand how the Youth can leave their comfort zone and start to focus on their future.
- How to use their resources -intellectual, skills and capital assets-efficiently to secure a better future.
- About what is needed in Africa as well as India. To make a plan on how to fulfill the need.
Attendees at the Conference will finalize a youth action agenda on the 4IR and the emerging technologies to mobilize civil society – its local and international NGOs, networks and activists, as well as academics, educators, colleges and universities, policy makers, businesses and member states, reflecting the aspirations and ambitions in the spirit of leaving no one behind and a focus of proving the youth a platform for learning and practicing what will make them relevant.
This agenda will be drafted through a global multi-stakeholder consultation process, leading up to and during the Conference.
The agenda will be offered for adoption at the final plenary session of the Conference, and will be shared widely with civil society as well as UN Member States, UN Organizations and the UN Secretary-General. The Conference has a unique aim of producing a joint outcome document between states and youth.
Issues at Stake
Youth is the Future of every nation & inheritors of the earth tomorrow. This statement stands true in every sense. When a country has a healthy youth population, you will find the country making headway in terms of overall development and progress. A country with a high aging population and lower youth population has a lot of problems to content with that can slow its growth.
The world today has transited into a ‘Technology Era’. Technology has enabled progress in all fields and all societies. Technological revolution has changed the face of lives of people bringing healthcare, information and connectivity to even the most remote areas that were hereto isolated.
Africa has over 400 million youths (aged between 15-35) one third of who are unemployed. In addition to this, another third is vulnerable and only one in six has wage employment.
These youth are the ideal source of labor and creativity to drive Africa’s development and achieve the prosperity that so many desire. However, most of the youth only have access to a basic education which leaves them ill-prepared to survive in the current world, let alone the future world. The ideal scenario is an environment where the youth are not victims of disruptive technologies but the creators of it.
They should be equipped to develop such technologies, adapt existing ones and create job opportunities in a world that is constantly changing. For this to happen, education should promote creativity in youth (particularly with regards to technology) expose them to developments across the world, and equip them with the tools to succeed.
- Africa in particular, has not benefited from the third techno-economic paradigm, Africa could not benefit well enough from the previous industrial revolution which left the continent far behind in terms of technological advancement and integration.
- Lack of knowledge about the 4th Industrial revolution.
- Lack of adequate institutional mechanisms to foster youth participation in decision making processes and the need for greater support of youth-led organizations and initiatives to enhance their contribution to society.
- Need for the effective implementation of inclusive and gender-sensitive national youth policies.
- Need to create effective platforms at national and regional levels to help transform young people’s ideas into concrete actions for positive change.
- Need to strengthen networks and partnerships among Governments, youth-led organizations, academic institutions, civil society, private sector, media etc. to enhance commitment and support for the implementation of holistic youth development activities.
- Need to enhance the participation of young men and women in governance and political processes.
Our world is a home of young people who struggles with the spread of fear and discrimination, high levels of exclusion and unemployment. The participation of youth in identifying and responding to their own needs and aspirations is central to helping transform the youth into the future they are meant to load.
The skills and knowledge young people acquire must enable them to become critical thinkers, problem-solvers and innovators, empowering them to work together in dialogue to secure durable peace and sustainable development. Youth are a vehicle for imbuing the sense of belonging, motivation and skills that are central to engaging young people in constructive dialogue between and across communities. Young people have a critical role to play in managing issues and in finding solutions to pressing development challenges.
Advocating for the youth, based on the resources of education, understanding, communication, training and information, Block Youth Foundation has been working as a think tank through an innovative ideas and knowledge of the 4th Industrial Revolution with the kind support of researchers, private sectors, corporate and youth networks, to spread the word and knowledge of the 4IR and disruptive technologies.
With this backdrop and interest of the youth for socio- economic development and staying relevant in the 4IR and beyond, the conference is designed with the close collaboration of LBRY Foundation, Ghana National Youth Authority and other youth-led organization have come forward to organize the event with the kind support and cooperation of the Government & the people of India
Theme: Future Of The Youth And The 4Th Industrial Revolution
Bridging the gap between education and the future of work whilst gearing the youth towards the future they are meant to live
- 4th Industrial Revolution.
- Emerging technologies like AI, Robotics, Drone, Blockchain, VR etc.
- Tokenised economy.
- Future of work.
- Social Justice – Gender equality.
- Future of Education and for all.
- Exchange of culture, recreation and its development.
- Poverty Eradication.
- Assemble of youths from all over the World & other Observer Countries to share and learn about the 4IR, issues, concerns, challenges and advantages.
- Learn about the emerging technologies and the impact they are going to have as well as a way to help you stay relevant so you don’t lose your job to change the disruptive technologies come with.
- Get to learn about how to stay relevant in the 4IR.
- Be enlightened and get new understanding about the current problems the youth are facing and how they can escape it.
- Learn the new strategy of not falling to the trap the current traditional education places you in.
Start acting on becoming more productive whilst studying and be able to do greatly well by the end of your studies.
- Learn about what is expected from the youth from our ministers and leaders.
- Assemble of all Ministers of Youth Affairs (or their representatives) will come together to a common platform under a single roof which will strengthen their bilateral relations.
- Assemble of World’s Best including top youth Leaders, Corporate leaders, various high profile celebrities, Nobel laureates and top ranking political figures.
- Get to network with like-minded youth coming together from around the world (US, Canada, Australia, Africa, Asia Europe).
- You can get to sign up and become a member of BYF to enjoy, support and contribute to what BYF is aiming to do.
- Get to earn a certificate that actually has value.
The outcome of the conference will be documented with specific action plans carrying priorities and needs of the youth in order to promote the establishment of a stunning mechanism and strategic framework that will provide a specific youth agenda to promote education and training on the 4IR and the Emerging Technologies. This document will also be presented to all counties including United Nation.
Who can attend this conference?
- International delegates
- National delegates
- Working professionals who want to learn about the future of work, 4IR and the disruptive
- Men and Women
- Young Children between 10-15
- Youth in general (15-35yrs)
Registration Fee will be charge to participants of as per the certain deadline as follows:
Without Accommodation (early bird)
Local Delegates: $ 100.00 USD
(registration to be opened soon.)
International Delegates: $ 150.00 USD
(registration to be opened soon.)
Local Delegates: $ 120.00 USD
International Delegates: $180.00 USD
With Accommodation (coming soon)
Registration Package Covers:
Certificate of Participation
Feeding (Breakfast and dinner)